Adopted January 2005
Ammended June 2007
3. Construction work may not begin before 7:30 a.m. or continue after 5:00 p.m. Contractors and workers must leave the property by 5:00 p.m.
4. Once the construction of any building , demolition, installing and or remodeling has begun, work thereon must be prosecuted diligently and must be completed within a reasonable time. The construction planning schedule provided at the time of approval will be the basis for determining the reasonable completion time.
5. Construction site maintenance is required so that all construction sites are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion throughout the construction process. This includes cleaning the streets as frequently as necessary to prevent the spread of construction debris.
6. Neighboring lots may not be used for parking, the storage or dumping of construction equipment, debris, trash or similar items. Under no circumstance shall construction materials be stored on the roads or on any property in the community other than the subject lot.
7. The contractor is held responsible for the condition of the site during construction and shall place dumpsters and sanitary facilities as inconspicuously as possible. All temporary toilet facilities may be portable and must be of the chemically treated type units. Said facility(s) must be fully screened from public view. The site should be policed at the end of each workday and left in a neat condition. Violators could be fined and/or lose their privilege to work on the property. Dumpsters for trash must be changed when trash reaches the maximum level of the dumpster.
8. The contractor shall be responsible for keeping roadways clear of trucks, cars and equipment to provide clear passage for local traffic, fire equipment and all other service vehicles . A flagman will be required when construction equipment obstructs the orderly flow of traffic.
9. If a project will require more vehicles than can be parked on the owner's property a detailed parking plan will be required before the project will be approved. The parking plan should consider items 10, 11 an 12.
10. All contractors must park their vehicles in the driveway of the home being worked on if space is available. If space is unavailable then park in front of the home on the homeowners side of the street only. In Passage Island North parking is not permitted opposite any residents driveway. Offsite parking will be required for any additional vehicles. Parking on bridges is strictly prohibited. Parking in front of other residences or in other driveways will not be allowed unless written permission has been obtained from each affected owner.
11. Parking at the rear of a lot is not permitted. No construction vehicles or equipment are to be left outdoors overnight.
12. Parking on curbs or at corners of a street shall not be permitted, and such illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the contractors expense.
13. Contractors shall not disturb residents, golfers, tennis players or prospective purchasers in any manner. Such disturbances shall include but not be limited to loud or abusive language.
14. Radios or music that could be heard from the exterior of the home that are under construction is not permitted. Any individual observed causing such disturbances may be asked to leave the site and not be allowed to return.
15. There shall be no alcoholic beverages, fire arms, or any family members, friends, dogs or pets of any kind brought on to the property by contractors. Contractors will be permanently banned from the property if found with alcoholic beverages or firearms and will be reported to the Jupiter Police.
16. Contractors shall use extreme care not to damage any roadway , sod, curbing, shrubbery or sidewalks in Passage Islands. Contractors shall repair such damage immediately.
17. Speed limits are adequately posted throughout Jonathans Landing and are to be strictly obeyed as are all other traffic signs. Excessive speeding may result in the contractor being barred from the property.
18. Once a storm has been named by the National Hurricane Center and is a potential threat to the southeast coast of Florida the contractor shall safely secure all loose materials. This must be accomplished a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the storms predicted arrival. Property owners and contractors are liable for any damage caused by construction materials.
20. No signs are allowed on the property except as required by Palm Beach County or the Town of Jupiter.
21. No solicitation is allowed.
22. Shirts and shoes are to be worn at all times.
23. Contractors are not allowed to fish, swim or play in any of the waterways.
24. Ownership, usage, purpose, accessibility, grade, drainage, overflow function, utility accommodation of the maintenance easements and land owned by Passage Islands shall be protected, covered by the Contractor’s liability insurance, during and after construction.